Day 11 - An Apple A Day
I should be studying. I should reeeeally be studying. But I had to record that I finally remembered to do my weigh-in yesterday morning, after on my 10th day of the ketogenic diet.
Starting Weight: 126 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 126 lbs
Current Weight: 122.4 lbs
It's not as much as I was hoping for, but it's still undeniably a loss; I haven't seen a number below 125 in months. And while I'm sure much of it is water weight, I have already noticed a difference in how my clothes fit, and the contours of my face.
I have to keep at it though. Yesterday I had another big faux pas grabbing lunch at Panera with a coworker on the way back from a measure-up. I knew it was a risk, but I opted for a broccoli cheddar soup thinking it had to be fatty and an apple as a side. The soup was okay, but apples? 18 net carbs! I blew my budget for the entire day with one single fruit, and I didn't even get to put peanut butter on it. It was pretty good though, as far as apples go.
I still have acrid keto breath, but it seems to be abating. As much as this is comfortable and makes me less self-conscious at work, I take it as a bad sign that I am overdoing my carbs too frequently with these errors. If I want to transition to maintenance faster (and oh how I do), I'm going to have to get back on the wagon hardcore.

Comments
Post a Comment